Friends of Iowa Civil Rights is now accepting applications for new Board Members. We are looking for applicants that can meet the following expectations:
- Responsible for leading the Board in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Serves as the signing officer on behalf of the organization, may share this responsibility with the Executive Director. In special circumstances, may delegate signing authority to another Board of Director.
- Works in partnership with the Executive Director to make sure board resolutions are carried out.
- Jointly with Executive Director, ensures adherence to by-laws and articles of incorporation.
- Acts as a primary spokesperson for the organization.
- Periodically consults with board members on their roles and helps them assess their performance.
- Oversees board and executive committee meetings.
- Develops meeting agenda and provides the agenda and the prior meeting’s minutes to the Board 3-5 business days prior to scheduled meetings.
- Attends all board meetings.
- Calls special meetings if necessary.
- Assists Executive Director in conducting board member orientation.
- Works with the executive committee to recruit new board members.
- Oversees searches for a new Executive Director.
Current Board of Directors
|Bock, Kandis||Meredith Corporation|
|Gonzalez, Jennifer||The Principal Financial Group, Inc.|
|Jenkins, Robin||State of Iowa – DAS/HRE|
|May, David||Iowa DOT|
|McAndrew, Shelby||Wells Fargo|
|Winter, Kris||M2K Marketing Group|